Inside the Mind of a Wrestler in Jiu Jitsu-Fayetteville NC

Inside the Mind of a Wrestler

A Wrestlers approach to Jiu Jitsu

Element Grappling-Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Class
I see my opponent across from me. Their eyes are wide. Their structure strong and solid. There is something off though. A slight tremble , worry, or is it fear? My opponent pulls guard vigorously, but maintains distance. Rule one, always make the person think they have the upper hand. I let my opponent attach themselves to a limb. Rule two, create disarray. I snatch my leg away from my opponents grips, then give them my leg showing my opponent I allowed them to get what I gave them. Rule 3, shut every inch of motion down. I make my opponent suffer pressure , and attempt to drown them by depleting oxygen out of every muscle in their body. Rule 4, do not stop progression forward until the opponent taps from submission. I close every space. I lock down every limb to reach my wanted destination of control. My opponent is looking for any way out , he cannot actively recover, so I give him one way out , a glimpse of escape. I know the escape route, I know the exact placement every limb has to go to achieve recovery. As Sun Tzu once said "When you surround an enemy, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard". Right as my opponent makes their move I shut it down. I have now created a physiological and physiological wall my opponent has to overcome. As a wrestler you learn to break your opponents mentally and the body collapses shortly after. I feel my opponent’s muscles tense and relax, I make my move, and collapse on a threatening position. Do I continue this game of cat and mouse? This time no. My opponent is broken. They cannot take deep breaths. Their muscles are depleted. I slowly move in to make my final move…..I slowly walk towards my opponent and shake their hand to start the match. What you just witnessed is what happens in the mind of a wrestler before a fight even starts. Are you ready for a war?
Wrestler


This was written by a member of Element Grappling-Brazilian Jiu Jitsu of Fayetteville NC
To learn more about our BJJ school please visit https://www.elementgrappling.com
Click on https://linktr.ee/ElementGrappling to check out are social media and
competition videos. We look forward to seeing you at
Element Grappling! See you on the mats!

Element Grappling-Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
500 N Reilly Rd #116
Fayetteville, North Carolina 28303
(910)-248-9787
https://www.elementgrappling.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu near me, Fort Bragg and Fayetteville, North Carolina

Carolina Combat League 5-Element Grappling-Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu